- Provide the support in the area of International Direct Investments (includes equity investments with an influential ownership in listed or private companies)
- Maintain relationships with investment banks and financial advisors
- Prepare investment memos and recommendations on new deals
- Support the area of co-investment opportunities sourced from external fund managers
- Contribute to the transaction process including managing advisors, negotiating terms and closing documentation for direct equity transactions
- Build corrective action proposals based on portfolio performance
- Support the process of exiting investments at appropriate times, including raising recommendations for approval and managing process
- Remain up-to-date with market developments and trends
- Provide the support to build capabilities for direct investments team
- Provide inputs to internal update reports and required updates to PIF Board and related committees
&bull; Develop and implement International media plans and ensures adequate media coverage of PIF’s activities across media&bull; Establish and maintain strategic International media relations; screen and select external public relation agencies&bull; Review media material order to ensure strict adherence to PIF’s guidelines for media interaction&bull; Review content developed and deploy quality assurance controls and processes to ensure the content is compliant with standard guidelines and business requirements&bull; Manage media relationship and enquiries (e.g. Q&amp;A, interview requests)&bull; Align on communications and PR activities with portfolio companies and third parties.
The role is to provide advisory support to the PIF’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) in his capacity as Chairman, Member, and Secretary to over 20 Boards and Committees. The individual will be responsible for establishing a small team to apply best practices in governance and compliance, and ensure the COO meets his stated obligations with each entity (note: this excludes Nomination &amp; Remuneration Committees).
General Focus Area:
Reviewing/providing feedback on Board/ Committee related material (in coordination with PIF’s relevant functional experts), which may include:
Market studies, financial models, business cases, operating models, risk reviews, capitalization plans etc.
Evaluating and summarizing content, as well as sharing recommendations with the COO for consideration
Briefing the COO ahead of any meetings / engagements/ actions etc.
Ensuring the COO fulfils his obligations to each entity (which may include managing meeting logistics, minutes etc.)
Advising the COO and the relevant entity on relevant governance matters e.g. DoA applicability
Coordinating with the Governance and Compliance Officer with regards to the governance requirements relevant to the Board and Board committees
Introducing standard processes / ways of working, to ensure a consistent approach across all entities
Consolidating other PIF committee related activity for management by the team, e.g. PIF Management Committee support, PIF Board support, PIF IT Steering Committee support
Functional Focus area:
Experience as a Chief of Staff, CEO Office, Board Secretary or Advisory role
Experience in Boards and Committees management
Background in law, compliance or governance
Strong understanding of corporate governance (including delegation of authority), risks, financial, operations and compliance
Strong macroeconomic knowledge
Understanding of operating model and business/ corporate strategy
Education &amp; Years of Experience:
- Bachelors degree in law, compliance, business, economics or Similar
- +10 years' experience in relevant fields
- excellent in Arabic and English written and verbal communication skills
PIF is seeking candidate to be a member of the Product Solutions Section, within the PPA Department, who have the objective of delivering technology based solutions to business problems, automating manual processes, data architecture and data model design, and developing reporting and analytical solutions to be used across the department. They will be an important contributor within the Section and the wider PPA Department
General Focus Area
- Coverage and back-up for other sections members
- Ensuring that the technical standards are set and all processes relating to the Department are documented
- Analyze and clearly document requirements for performance and attribution calculations, reporting, ex-post risk analytics and investment policy statement monitoring. Translate these requirements into data models, data flows and technical build designs.
- Review and seek opportunities for process digitization and automation.
- Help business users find and use the right data and information to drive their analysis and decisions.
- Optimize data flows and analytical solutions, in alignment with the overall Enterprise Data Governance and Data Architecture framework
- Through ongoing system evaluation, select and implement the most appropriate tools and systems for data integration, structured enterprise reporting and ad-hoc performance and ex-post risk analytics, including emerging technologies in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Design, build and provide guidance regarding data structures, data integration, data governance
- Design, build or provide guidance regarding BI applications/reporting and ensure the effective visualization of data
- Develop and delivery of presentations/updates; build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
Education &amp; Years of Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics etc.).
- Further certifications would be a plus in areas including: Data Science/Analytics, Machine Learning, specific related programming languages etc.
- Experience of 3-5 years in a similar role in data analytics / data modeling / architecture / BI solutions &amp; visualization. Experience in a financial institution would be a plus, and prior experience in investment performance and analytics would be ideal. Strong proficiency in MS Tools, and exposure to BI Tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau etc.) and Data Analytics/Science tools (e.g. Alteryx) is desirable
This role would support the team in coordinating, planning and delivering the functional requirements of the Section as best required. The functional responsibly of the section include:
- Managing professional relationship with internal and external regulatory Departments / agencies and providing guidance on dealing with IT regulatory developments
- Formulate and communicate IT new ideas and suggestions that will improve efficiency for the organization and its overall operations
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all IT heads in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service
- Define and develop strategic and operational plans for the Section that enable the achievement of Technology Services objectives and support the achievement of business objectives.
- Manages and controls the activities of a major Technology Services Section in order to ensure that Department objectives are met and the highest standards of technology services are made available to support the needs of the business.
- Provide expert advice and support to PIF business units in order to ensure the best use of Section technological capability in the delivery of business objectives.
- Lead technical design of business applications or functional analysis and design of the business requirement
- Lead development &amp; review of IT strategy roadmap and related policies for Projects and Portfolio companies to ensure alignment with PIF IT policies
- Lead reviews, analyses and evaluations of business systems and user needs
- Lead implementation of IT Enterprise Architecture guidelines and application development policies
PIF is seeking a high caliber candidate to join our International Investments Division to analyze and execute investments opportunities for the Infrastructure Investments team.
General Focus Area:
- Execution and asset management of infrastructure investment opportunities globally (US, Europe, Asia Pacific, and South America)
Executing investment processes including managing work streams, from screening stage to closing, monitoring and exit
Handling execution of due diligence and sharing relevant information across functional groups; Liaison, coordination, supervision, procurement and negotiation of third party consultants (technical, financial, tax, legal, investment banks, etc&hellip;)
- Managing internal junior team
Covering direct investments, fund investments, co-investments, and infrastructure REIT investments and investment in infrastructure companies
Evaluating potential JV partners / investment managers
Building detailed financial models including developing sensitivity analyses
Production of the investment committee memorandum and undertaking quarterly reporting and investment performance monitoring
On-going asset and development management of the firm's infrastructure portfolios
Monitoring and analyzing infrastructure markets in key geographies
- Supporting efforts to develop investment strategy and optimize performance
- Developing and maintaining relationship with potential partners/vendors
- Conducting hold/sell analyses develop and execute exit plans for divestment of infrastructure assets
- Making investment and divestment recommendations to Investment Committee
Education &amp; Years of Experience
Bachelor’s degree from top-tier university in Finance, Economics, Engineering or Business from top tier university; Master’s degree is a plus
4 - 8 years of working experience in infrastructure investment from deal origination to execution and post-investment asset management in US and / or European infrastructure
Prior experience as a senior analyst / associate / investment manager within infrastructure investment banking, private equity or investment/asset Management Company
Experience in both direct investments as well as indirect fund investments
Proven deal execution track record across the US, UK, European infrastructure sector
To initiate and maintain ongoing communications and the database of PIF PCs and regular round tables and make all the relevant reports and dashboards
General Focus Area
- Oversea and manage the creation of communications’ units and activities within under establishment projects
- Asses’ communications strategies for under established companies
- Oversee the execution of marketing programs and initiatives including advertising campaigns, web and mobile sites, radio, TV, print, and strategic partnerships to communicate SDC's service offering to customers and build a clear KPI of cost per accusation
- Manage and track the achievement dashboard of PIF and its portfolio companies
- Align, Manage and lead on the relationship between PIF and its portfolio companies locally and globally
- Oversee the selection of advertising/marketing/public relations agencies and monitor implementation of service level agreements
- Facilitate coordination with media affairs department to develop and publish crisis response and ensuring proper messages development
- Oversee department expenditures, budgeting process, tracking and reporting
- Oversee required contract development and negotiations for service
Educations &amp; Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism / Editorial Copywriting / Marketing or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ideally native speaker (Arabic a plus
- 7-10 of relevant years of experience