The Public Investment Fund (PIF) is looking for a Writer / Content Producer to contribute to its digital storytelling efforts. The right candidate has a proven track record of delivering world-class business-orientated content, and will be equally at home developing narratives that resonate on Wall Street, among the global startup community, and within the domestic Saudi market. The Riyadh-based role is suitable for a motivated self-starter with proven skills producing content such as feature stories, news, op-eds, and scripts for short videos. They will have the ability to spot engaging narrative lines, deliver appropriate key messages, navigate through a large organization, and liaise with external stakeholders to unearth insights.
General Focus Area:
- Develop editorial articles around PIF and its portfolio companies, and creative stories to deliver a narrative suitable for international and domestic audiences
- Interview a wide range of executives and liaising with multiple teams to arrange content production
- Assist to promote continuous enhancements to and engagement with the PIF editorial hub
- Source and apply new digital/social ways of delivering a narrative to the right audiences (i.e. Social Media, Infographics, Content Curation, Newsletters, Podcasts)
- Working closely with teams across the organization to support on website article / content updates
- Liaising with website & creative agencies to develop content and designs that help PIF’s storytelling
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism / Editorial Copywriting / Marketing or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ideally native speaker (Arabic a plus)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven track-record in developing business-orientated editorial content with the appropriate tone, from hard news to human interest
- The ability to mine insights to develop compelling stories for various international and local audiences & segments
- Creative thinker: Utilizing creative, digital, and social media formats including motion-graphics and infographics to break down complex topics into easy-to-read stories
Works as ‘One’:
To cooperate and work collaboratively as ‘one team’ to achieve efficient and quality solutions; displaying ability to communicate clearly, internally as well as externally, and proactively shares knowledge and information to achieve common objectives and drive synergy across the organization.
Aspires for Excellence:
To show constant and regular concern for achieving or surpassing outcomes against internal or external standards of excellence and deals with problems creatively, while placing importance on continuous learning and maintaining professionalism and integrity in business relationships.
To display initiative, drive and commitment to meeting and exceeding individual as well as collective performance goals while ensuring adherence with business ethics and company values. Is proactive in taking responsibility in efficiency of work, resilient to pressure and displays accountability for results.
Adapts to Change:
To respond and adapt to change with positive attitude; showing resilience in dealing with challenges and ambiguity. To embrace changes arising from digitization.