Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The role is to provide advisory support to the PIF’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) in his capacity as Chairman, Member, and Secretary to over 20 Boards and Committees. The individual will be responsible for establishing a small team to apply best practices in governance and compliance, and ensure the COO meets his stated obligations with each entity (note: this excludes Nomination & Remuneration Committees).
General Focus Area:
- Reviewing/providing feedback on Board/ Committee related material (in coordination with PIF’s relevant functional experts), which may include:
- Market studies, financial models, business cases, operating models, risk reviews, capitalization plans etc.
- Evaluating and summarizing content, as well as sharing recommendations with the COO for consideration
- Briefing the COO ahead of any meetings / engagements/ actions etc.
- Ensuring the COO fulfils his obligations to each entity (which may include managing meeting logistics, minutes etc.)
- Advising the COO and the relevant entity on relevant governance matters e.g. DoA applicability
- Coordinating with the Governance and Compliance Officer with regards to the governance requirements relevant to the Board and Board committees
- Introducing standard processes / ways of working, to ensure a consistent approach across all entities
- Consolidating other PIF committee related activity for management by the team, e.g. PIF Management Committee support, PIF Board support, PIF IT Steering Committee support
Functional Focus area:
- Experience as a Chief of Staff , CEO Office, Board Secretary or Advisory role
- Experience in Boards and Committees management
- Background in law, compliance or governance
- Strong understanding of corporate governance (including delegation of authority), risks, financial, operations and compliance
- Strong macroeconomic knowledge
- Understanding of operating model and business/ corporate strategy
Education & Years of Experience:
- Bachelors degree in law, compliance, business, economics or Similar
- +10 years' experience in relevant fields
- excellent in Arabic and English written and verbal communication skills